Sunday, January 10, 2010

365 Days... 365 Chances

2010. It seemed like only yesterday when people were making so much fuss about the coming of the new millennium. And now, 2010 is staring at us right in front of our faces.

I can't believe how time flies. The reason for this is that nothing much had changed. But then again, it could only be me who feels this way. Where have I been? Nowhere. I'm still here sitting and waiting for life to happen. I want to look back and reminisce so that I would be reminded of all the things that has passed this last ten years.

I was in college, I remembered that. Exams... oh those questions and problems that I so painstakingly endured and got out of eventually. Then came the senior year. Less time for sleep, petty quarrels among our barkada that just made the friendship stronger, unlimited coffee consumption, energy drinks to keep us up during class, and the tremendous stress that almost broke us down.

2005. Graduation. Finally! "This is it!" was our tag line. Board exams. That was one of the turning points in my life. I almost gave up.

2006. Time for a change. I got over the depression. Got myself a job but I knew that I must finish what I had started. I remember giving up my job (I didn't think I was doing well either, so there.) I took the board exams again. I got what I wanted.

2007. I got a new job...
Now it's 2010. It's almost 3 years now. I had to stop and think about what happened in 2008 and 2009. I couldn't choose any event or instance that could be considered as a milestone for the last two years. That is not a good sign.

I'm thinking very carefully now, flipping the pages of my memory and my journal. My life seems to be very safe... and very boring indeed.

I know that I could do more. I know that I can be more than this. It might seem that I hate my life. No. That is not what I meant. What I want to say is that I should live more. I should not just watch and think about what is happening around me. If my ultimate goal is to leave behind something that is important to other people, then I could tell that I'm going to fail in the end.
Beginning something takes courage. But continuing on doing what I have started takes more than that. It requires eternal patience, hardwork and tremendous focus. I don't know how much of these traits I have. ButI'm gonna have to take the plunge if I wanted to do things differently this year.

365 days... 365 chances....

No comments:

Post a Comment