Monday, October 5, 2009

Journal entry March 03, 2009


I've always loved to read. And for today's entry, I would like to write down some excerpts which I find very significant and applicable to my state of mind as for the moment... I'm going to include a verse from a song too.

"Never stop having doubts. If you ever do, it will be because you have stopped moving forward, and at that point, God will step in and pull the rug from your feet, because that is His way of controlling His chosen ones, by making sure they always follow their appointed path to the end. If for any reason, we stop, whether out of complacency, laziness, or out of mistaken belief that we know enough, He forces us on.

On the other hand, you must be careful never to allow doubt to paralyze you. Always take the decisions you needed to take, even you're not sure you're doing the right thing.

Right now... ninety-nine percent of the people on this planet are... struggling with that very question. WHY ARE WE HERE?

Only the brave... are aware that the only possible answer to the question is I DON'T KNOW.

This might, at first, seem frightening, leaving us terribly vulnerable in our dealings with the world, with the things of the world, and with our own sense of our existence. Once, we've got over that initial fear, however, we gradually become accustomed to the only possible solution: to follow our dreams. Having the courage to take the steps we always wanted to take is the only way of showing that we trust in God." (PAULO COEHLO, Brida)

"If you want to sail on the wings of the clouds

Where to, well nobody knows.

And cry... cry if you want them to see.

Die everyday to be free.

Be proud to wear the colors that you call your own.

Be loud... speak out when you want the world to know.

Be strong... hold the flame for everyone to see.

Be weak if you want to love." (FRA LIPPO LIPPI, Light and Shade)

Also, I came across one of the many issues of Readers' Digest and one particular article stood out. Sadly enough, I couldn't remember the exact words or its author. The article was about boredom and how people often think of it as being in a "glassy-eyed, drooling state..." In fact, according to the author, that we can get the most out of it if we just look at it in another perspective. Boredom actually provides us the time we need to get more acquainted with what matters internally. It provides us the time to get away from the distractions to reflect a little or a lot on ourselves, our priorities, our spiritual health. It also lays before us the opportunity to get ourselves acquainted with the arts and also--can you believe it?--LOVE. The author said that, contrary to the feeling that we accomplished nothing when we are bored, we might even discover important facts or things that we had overlooked because of our many distractions. So having known that, I might want to wish I get really bored all the time... Hahaha! Just kidding. =D

It surprises me now how I get a lot out of reading. But I know for a fact that simply knowing these is worthless unless I find out what they could truly mean in my life. Will I take the necessary steps? I'm willing, but am I brave enough? I want to find out!=D

No comments:

Post a Comment